Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Spectator Sports 2011

economic crisis, Economy, Recession, Double Dip,   : Dry Bones cartoon.
The daily reversals on the Stock Market are serious business. They are signs of the economic crisis, a possible "double dip" recession or worse, the collapse of the Dollar, etc. . . . yes, there is much to say about the current situation of one day's sell-off panic and the next day's mini-boom. But at heart I'm a cartoonist, so the up down motion of the market reminded me of a tennis match. I couldn't resist, gave in to temptation, and drew today's cartoon. Superficial, but fun. .
* * *
Last minute notice: I'll be at the cartoon and animation festival at the Tel Aviv Cinematheque tomorrow presenting my Yale findings on the secret codes of antisemitism and explaining the detective work involved in finding them. I'll be speaking in English. The date is August 18 (Thursday) at 7:30 PM. There's a 37 nis entry fee. The TA Cinematheque is at 2 Sprinzak St. Tel: (03) 606-0800

For details click here. If you're in the neighborhood, come on over and say hello.

Labels: , , ,