Thursday, March 10, 2011

High Hopes (2001)

(2001) Dry Bones cartoon: clones. clowns, startups, hi tech, Technology,
Today's cartoon is from 2001. Ten years ago this week.

The cartoon is a domestic husband/wife joke. I love the joke as a subversive means of communication.

This joke/cartoon combines recognition of Israel's high tech inventiveness with the need for a little cheery relief from the pressures of life in our isolated and delegitimized state. It also highlights the contrasting priorities of males and females.

The cartoon was done in the pre-color days and I tried to play with "colorizing" by using areas of black, white, and a grey created by tapping out a field of dots with a pen. It gave a lovely rich feel. These days I use color.

Thinks: "If I'm around ten years from now and post a Golden Oldie from 2011, will I have to point out that it was done in the pre-3D holographic cartoon days?"

Labels: , , , ,