Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August (1977)

Psychiatrist Congress in Jerusalem ... in the heat of August (1977) Dry Bones cartoon - .
Today's Golden Oldie is from August 24, 1977.

I usually start my day by walking to a neighborhood cafe and slurping down some coffee while browsing the local newspapers. This morning I turned to the guy at the espresso machine and asked if the air conditioning was working properly. He said that he'd already checked, and it was indeed "working at full blast". "It's REALLY hot out there today" he continued, "What was the weather forecast?". "I don't check the weather forecasts" I grumbled, as I continued to search the local press for topics for cartoons. "Well it IS August you know" he said.

Later in the day, back in my studio, I began to search for a Golden Oldie. And found one. It's about the weather. About heat ...in August.

Labels: , , , ,