Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Simple Proposal (1977)

1977 Dry Bones cartoon - PM Menachem Begin writes to President Jimmy Carter.
I got lazy again and decided to just run a "30 years ago this month" cartoon. So is this depressing or not? Thirty years later and the United States still refuses to move its embassy to our capital city. Thirty years later and we still have to respond to Jimmy Carter's wacko ideas and pronouncements.

* * *
A loyal reader has given former President Carter a cute, mafia-style nickname. I can't get it out of my head. It's like an annoying melody that you can't stop humming. Whenever I think of Carter these days the moniker pops up. I'm going to share it with you. Sorry. He refers to the 39th President of the United States as Jimmy One-Term.

There, now it's stuck in your head!

Labels: , , ,