Monday, July 16, 2007

No Fault Insurance

Dry Bones cartoon: We slide into the Summer of '07 with Olmert still at the wheel!!!??.
A few days ago in a posting called Sherlock Investigates, I explained that "When I was a kid, growing up on some fairly tough Brooklyn streets, when someone stated the obvious he was put down with a disparaging "No sh-t, Sherlock." This prompted a loyal reader to write that "back in the Bronx" the phrase was "No Sh-t Dick Tracy."

I tell you this because, looking at today's cartoon, I realize that the punchline is also from the long-ago daze of my youth. I don't remember the joke but it ended with the occupants of a car that had been pulled over, explaining to the cop (who wanted to speak with the driver) that "We were all in the back seat, officer."

Am I having a "senior moment"? Was there such a joke?

And if so, how did it go?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,